Security Alert: November 14, 2009
At 1:30 a.m., Saturday, November 14—A woman attending a party at a residence in the 5600 block of South University Avenue reported being sexually assaulted by an unknown man.
The Chicago Police and the University of Chicago Police are investigating.
- When attending parties use common sense and remain aware. Go with a group of friends and watch out for each other.
- Use public transportation options: free bus service and umbrella service.
- If you have any information related to this incident or if you witness any suspicious activity, please report it immediately to the Chicago Police Department (911) or the University of Chicago Police Department—123 from a University phone or 773.702.8181 from other phones.
- More safety and security information is available at the University’s Safety & Security website
- Security Alerts are based on information that has been reported to the University of Chicago Police. The reported information may not have been investigated or confirmed at the time the Alert was issued. Security Alerts will be issued via e-mail and posted to our website when an incident occurs that should be brought to the immediate attention of the University community.
- Comments or suggestions relating to security related issues should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE NOTE: The University of Chicago Police patrol area boundaries are 39th Street on the north to 64th Street on the south /Cottage Grove to Lake Shore Drive (39th to 60th )/Evans to Stony Island (61st to 64th Street).