At UChicago, we believe big ideas come from fresh viewpoints. Graduate and College students alike are valued members of UChicago research teams, from exploring the universe’s greatest mysteries at Fermilab, to improving health care with our South Side neighbors through the Urban Health Initiative. In all our varying endeavors, we’re driven by a single commonality: an insatiable intellectual curiosity.
Students conduct and contribute to research with opportunities and assistance from these UChicago resources:
- The Office of the Dean of Students in the College and academic-year internship or research opportunities
- UChicago Career Advancement advising, industry-specific training, networking opportunities, research and internship experiences
- National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates in:
- The Office of Graduate Affairs student support, a searchable online database of funding sources, help for U.S. students acquiring grants for overseas research
- Argonne National Laboratory and undergraduate research opportunities, available through Argonne’s Division of Educational Programs (DEP)
- Diversity in Academics research opportunities and resources, including: