Be part of our world-class institution
The University of Chicago is the second largest private employer in Chicago. Ours is a multicultural, international community of more than 20,000 faculty and staff—each supporting UChicago’s mission of inquiry and academic excellence.
Apply for a job
- University Staff Job Opportunities
- Academic Job Opportunities
- University of Chicago Medicine Job Opportunities
- Student Employment
- International Job Applicants
On December 18, 2017, the University of Chicago deployed a new external Workday career site for University staff positions. The University will fully transition all opportunities to the new site by April 22, 2018.
Until the full transition occurs, please review both UChicago’s new external Workday career site and UChicago Jobs to explore all University staff job opportunities currently available. UChicago’s new external Workday career site will contain all jobs posted AFTER December 17, 2017 and UChicago Jobs will contain all staff jobs posted BEFORE December 17, 2017.
Current UChicago Employees:
- Log into Workday and select the career worklet. Use the Find UChicago Jobs report to search for and apply to jobs submitted after December 17, 2017. Continue to visit UChicago Jobs to apply for positions posted or check the status of an application submitted before that date.
- Create an account in UChicago’s new external Workday career site to apply for a position or check the status of an application submitted after December 17, 2017. Continue to visit UChicago Jobs to apply for positions posted or check the status of an application submitted before that date.
Living and working in Hyde Park
UChicago is surrounded by an engaging and exciting community that compels many to make their home in Hyde Park. With top health care facilities, outstanding schools, abundant housing choices, local retail and dining facilities, and diverse places to worship, it’s clear why many UChicago faculty and staff choose to live in Hyde Park.
The University of Chicago offers a wide variety of benefits programs and resources to its staff members. For our health plans and continuing education opportunities to our flexible spending accounts and competitive retirement plans, the University offers benefits that matter to you at each stage of your career.